The 5 Minute Lesson Plan is now accessible in digital format!
Following a beta testing group, and after 14 months of planning, I’m happy to supply a completed product. .
On this weblog you’ll learn the place to search out the digital model and check out it out for your self; the instrument can also be defined intimately, with a easy video demonstration. The total-user model is defined with a spread of screenshots and FAQs on the backside of this weblog.
It’s lastly right here — The 5 Minute Lesson Plan championed by @TeacherToolkit has been tailored into an interactive on-line instrument for lecturers, because of the hard-working folks at Angel Options in Liverpool. Go to www.5MinuteLessonPlan.co.uk the place you possibly can check out the FREE model which lets you create a web-based plan and print the lesson plan as a PDF file.
Simply click on the Attempt It Button and keep in mind, it ought to solely take 5 minutes to finish!
Credit score: www.netformx.com
The Digital 5MinPlan:
The entire concept of this digital instrument is to save lecturers time and to make planning even simpler. I’m conscious that there are a variety of 5 Minute Lesson Plan sources accessible on-line now, however most of those are Phrase or Powerpoint templates that may take quite a lot of time to format. Different sources normally contain printing out templates and filling them in by hand and that’s ideally what the 5-Minute Lesson Plan was designed to do. Since I first tweeted the plan throughout an Ofsted remark, the thought has gone viral and has sprouted up in over 138 nations (and counting) worldwide! Since then, I’ve seen numerous modifications of the thought, Excel information and mail-merge variations, in addition to paper-based plans with ideas etched all throughout the paper! Spending an excessive amount of time writing onto The 5-Minute Lesson Plan defeats the aim of lowering workload, versus this digital model which is able to make lesson planning even simpler.
With this instrument, The 5 Minute Lesson Plan has turn out to be fully digital provides a constantly well-formatted finish outcome. Merely kind the content material into every part and inside minutes you’ve obtained a neatly laid out lesson plan. My recommendation; take into consideration your lesson plan earlier than including content material.
Hopefully you’ll discover www.5minutelessonplan.co.uk easy to make use of. The instrument guides you thru the standard 5 Minute Lesson Plan format step-by-step. Should you’re undecided what to place in a bit, merely click on the ‘i’ icon within the title and a proof will pop up. You may even bounce to a special stage of the plan when you choose to fill it out in a special order — simply click on on the part you need to edit within the picture on the backside of the instrument.
A quite simple and fast video demonstration is proven beneath …
Even Higher If:
Wait, it will get higher! Angel Options have additionally developed a FULL model of the instrument that comes with additional options to make lecturers’ lives simpler. Essentially the most notable distinction with that is the chance for lecturers to login and save a number of plans in an editable format. This implies you possibly can construct up a personal portfolio of all of your classes in a single easily-accessible on-line database. It can save you a plan part-way by way of and return to it later, or edit current plans after which use them for various classes. Plus, we have now added options like a search operate and the flexibility to organise your plans by identify, description or date.
The FREE model is free to check intimately, however the FULL model of The 5 Minute Lesson Plan is simply £25 for a complete 12 months for any instructor. Add to that each one the additional options which might be within the pipeline for the approaching months — like cloning current plans provided in The 5 Minute Sequence (now with 29 totally different fashions), sharing choices and assist for extra lesson plan templates.
There’s additionally the choice for faculties to buy a Web site Licence to cowl all of their employees, permitting all of them to create, save and construct up a portfolio of lesson plans. So, when you and different lecturers in your faculty recognize utilizing this instrument, why not ask your faculty to request the Web site Licence choice as an alternative? That is straightforward to rearrange. The 5 Minute Lesson Plan digital instrument has been constructed inside an current faculty toolkit known as Perspective, which most colleges in England have already got entry to in a Lite model by way of their Native Authorities. Faculties can simply buy a 5 Minute Lesson Plan Web site Licence as an addition to their current Perspective bundle. Faculties may additionally select to improve Perspective additional and unlock much more faculty enchancment options which might be on provide to them.
within the subscription, then get in contact right here and don’t neglect to learn the Regularly Requested Questions I obtain beneath.
If not, click on the Attempt It button beneath!
Hear me speak about The 5-Minute Lesson Plan right here in a podcast. Over the previous 6 years I’ve been requested many questions on The 5-Minute Plan. Right here, you possibly can learn essentially the most frequent beneath:
- Is The 5 Minute Plan designed for Ofsted inspections?
- No, the 5-Minute Plan was by no means designed for Ofsted inspections and was not designed to belittle the cognitive course of used within the lesson planning. It was initially designed for brand spanking new lecturers to the occupation, to assist formalise the method wanted to enhance observe within the classroom – to deal with studying, reasonably than the exercise – while aiming to scale back planning time that so many lecturers report as a burden of their early years.
- Do Ofsted settle for its use?
- Sure! However keep in mind, it was by no means designed for this function and Ofsted don’t count on to see a lesson plan! “Don’t deal with the lesson construction on the expense of its content material or the wide selection of different proof about how effectively youngsters are studying within the faculty.” You may see proof right here of the 5-Minute Lesson Plan showing in a second Ofsted report. See the second right here after I used it for an Ofsted inspection.
- Will The 5 Minute Lesson Plan assist me achieved Excellent instructing?
- No! A lesson plan is simply a tiny a part of the large vary of parts wanted to turn out to be a ‘good’ instructor. Additionally it is not my place, to outline to you what’s a ‘good instructor’ and what makes an excellent lesson. Do keep in mind, classes aren’t graded in many faculties and one-off judgements ought to by no means be offered.
- Can anybody use it?
- Sure, suggestions from many lecturers working in lots of sectors and in lots of nations, report that the format will be utilized to any given context. It was created to scale back planning time and provides lecturers the time they wanted again! To supply each instructor with a *advised overview of what’s vital within the classroom. To put the deal with studying and never the exercise.
- How did all of it begin?
- The unique plan was designed by @JohnBayley1 and @Miss_Snuffy earlier than being handed over to @TeacherToolkit in 2008. What you see as we speak, is the results of years of modifications, sharing and tweeting the outcomes. This was the second it actually kicked off, regardless of @TeacherToolkit utilizing the plan in faculties and on-line 4 years previous to this second.
- The place can I contact others who’re utilizing it?
- Simple, search the hashtag on Twitter and see the a whole lot of tweeters and photograph examples.
The 5-Minute Lesson Plan isn’t for everybody, however many do declare it helps scale back the burden on planning and assist them re-think the method of planning. Why not give the authentic paper model a trial?