How can lecturers use retrieval apply higher within the classroom to allow college students to enhance their reminiscence?
Our 56th interview is with Dr. Pooja Agarwal, a cognitive scientist and trainer. Pooja began her training profession educating 4th and fifth grade and now teaches faculty college students in Boston at Berklee Faculty of Music.
Hearken to the podcast (36 minutes)
Bear in mind, our podcast is out there on iTunes!
- Pooja’s training upbringing and background
- Clarify how a non-musician manages to show at a music college
- The idea of ‘retrieval apply’ and why it was her PhD focus
- How retrieval apply results Pooja’s music college students and the way and the place they naturally apply it: “Use it or lose it!”
- How expertise has given lecturers entry to digestible neuroscience analysis
- Pooja’s new e-book ’Highly effective Educating: Unleash the science of studying’
- The challenges American lecturers face in 2019 and ideas to assist lecturers be more practical
- Which thought leaders which have influenced her and the place she goes to inspiration
- The challenges confronted by girls in STEM and the ’leaky pipe’ idea and,
- Offline, we additionally discuss the potential of Pooja visiting the U.Okay. in 2020…