For plant milk producers, enterprise is booming. In 2021, 32% of British individuals surveyed drank plant-based milk as a part of their eating regimen, in comparison with 25% in 2020. How are these milks made, and the way do they evaluate to cow’s milk relating to their environmental affect and dietary worth? This graphic takes a glance.
- How properly do plant based mostly alternate options fare nutritionally in comparison with cow’s milk? – S Okay Vanga and V Raghavan, Journal of Meals Science and Know-how
- Tips suggesting youngsters keep away from plant‑based mostly milks: A more in-depth examination – N S Wright & M Smith, Maternal & Youngster Well being Journal
- Moo-ove over, cow’s milk: The rise of plant-based dairy alternate options – M Bridges, Vitamin Points in Gastroenterology
- Plant-based milks: The dental perspective – L Sumner & L Burbridge, British Dental Journal Workforce
- Which milk has the smallest affect on the planet? – D Haake, Datawrapper
- Decreasing meals’s environmental impacts by producers and customers – J Poore & T Nemecek, Science
- Milk and almonds picture supply, shared below a Artistic Commons BY licence